2018: Those Springtime Shenanigans!

The shenanigans that I've been into this Springtime have been no joke! Let me tell you, the foolishness didn't want to up and leave! Miss Kia was allowed out in Changchun for one night only! That training had me learning more, but Suzhou saved the day! Within Beijing I saw something more medicinal that acted as my cure, it had me living but that hangover broke me!

Springtime needed to take that sub-zero Northern China weather front out of my life, ready for a seasonal change I hopped on a Hainan Airlines flight down to Shenzhen. That Guangdong humidity almost had me tripping, I had last travelled down to Shenzhen with the sole intent to cross the border into Hong Kong but 2018 had other plans for me. Staying for more than just one night, I embraced Shenzhen with a visit to the Provincial Museum to see what stories those Hong Kong exhibits served. The British were real shady, I can say that because I am British and I know that Empire wasn't kind. Lianhuashan Park took me to new heights, Deng Xiao Peng, I saw you! Going down to the Shenzhen Bay saw me sipping on my own street-bought coconut, Beijing honestly felt like a million miles away from my CNY 2018 location. Straight up, I tried my best to cross one of the lesser known HK borders to see 'Zhong Ying Jie', due to certain rules I stayed firmly on Mainland soil. Trust and believe, my Cantonese style breakfast was delicious!

Reacquainted with '深圳北站' kept me on the right track, zooming along the coast towards Fujian Province I departed! The Spring season had started correctly, keeping things moving I was definitely served some spice during that week! Xiamen maintained a balmy and temperate setting, the weather forecast kept me feeling far from cold. Xiamen's island city formation was heaving with tourists, it was quite overwhelming and with the extra numbers I had to abandon plans to see Gulangyu Island. Taiwan Snacks Street served up a killer ocean inspired omelette, with the Taiwan Strait nearby I felt inspired to visit Taiwan and I still do! Shapowei changed the mood for the best, guided by those directions I had nothing but love for that corner of Xiamen. I knew that Fujian would be seeing me again, never again during CNY though! Bulletproof, I faced the waters of the Taiwan Strait from the look out point at Hulishan Fort. Sure, 2018's Spring season had more in store for me as my flight headed to Beijing. CN, I wanted more shenanigans! 

March picked up the pace both in the classroom and at the weekends, being in a crazy circumstance I found myself a lead teacher in a classroom without an English teacher. Having just negotiated my Montessori deal I was trying my best to keep things together, like I was trying my damnedest because those two years in Wuhan had taught me to be resilient at all costs and to push forwards. I arrived back from my Spring Festival holiday all refreshed and ready for the challenge in hand, also ready to begin my Montessori teacher training course, it was something extra and then some! Making the first month of my lead teacher days felt good, things were going smoothly in the classroom but I was virtually exhausted at the end of the day. I saw these events as pure experience, getting myself together it was another chance to hone new skills with the help of the academic leader, an angel. No mistakes made, I know that these shenanigans were teaching me to get what I needed, done! Shenzhen and Xiamen seem like a world away, B! 

Leaving Beijing Railway Station on that night train up to Changchun felt like I was escaping everything! I arrived in the early morning time, going on to explore the city to my hearts content. Getting to the former Puppet Emperors gaff, those former lavish furnishings impressed me much. Being in a city that I had previously shunned felt correct, I used that weekend to correct those foolish mistakes. Fuelling my stomach with some hearty Japanese stew I knew the night ahead was going to be full of scandal and realness. Changchun gave me a place to slay, I luxuriated in that moment to not give a damn because things had been so damn crazy! Changchun allowed me exploration, something that being so dog tired in Beijing, I was thankful for Changchun's efforts. Changchun showed me some Japanese colonial realness and I even helped a less fortunate soul buy his breakfast! Seeing what I needed I returned back to Beijing as the Tomb Sweeping Holiday concluded. I knew the next month I would be setting off to Suzhou!

My snatched days off in the week allowed me to have a few drinks at home but those nights in town were off the menu. It was strictly Montessori during that 2018 period. Missing most of Practical Life, I finally attended the Sensorial classes after my weekday rest day was considered. Looking after my sanity and physical health, I negotiated my day off! Sure, I loved the Sensorial course, it was truly interesting and that isn't any lie! Pulling myself out of bed, I found myself at Beijing's famous Tsinghua University, situated on Line 15 of the Beijing Subway it allowed me to have a half-day out during April. Now, I can't quite remember the month it has all blurred into one time. That Tsinghua discovery made me feel like I had not seen anything of Beijing, I came to terms with that fact because I was dealing with other shenanigans! I loved my secret bike ride through the grounds of Beijing's premier university! Things would find their way soon enough! The process meant I was still a stranger to Beijing during those daylight hours, I needed to relax!

On the odd weekends I broke out of my routine, dressing in my best tee and trousers I would take a taxi down to Destination to dance my cares away! I had gone there after getting back from my Shenzhen-Xiamen Spring Festival holiday, I managed to get on quite well as I navigated the dance floor with confidence. Beijing so far had been mad, the Springtime had been something else, I was riding a pure rollercoaster! Turning a negative into a positive, a princess entered my class, of Chinese and Australian parentage she knew she was beautiful and that confidence gave me life for certain! My class gave me challenges but I was applying my training to the fullest, my brain was mashed but I put my 100 into that space, the parents never gave me flack because their kids were happy but there's always room for improvement. That person will know in time that I wasn't playing games, they will! I had faith in what I was doing, something would give and I knew what was going to happen next was right! The children kept me going, I saw a rainbow?

Spring 2018 definitely had me in my feeling without any doubt in my mind, paying no mind to that growing heat I boarded another mode of transport. Suzhou in Jiangsu Province saw me returning for the first time in 3 years since that 2015 departure, that canal focussed city called me back! Feeling fresh after that nighttime train journey from Beijing, I met with a Jiangsu based friend. Shantang Street was clocked first, that legendary canal view was firmly on my list, returning during the daytime felt correct! Tiger Hill caught our attention, the crowds grew once again but we weren't fazed because we had time to kill. That 'Leaning Tower of Pisa' looking structure became a new addition to me in Suzhou, I had a lot to see! Taking the Suzhou Metro like I had done during that introductory week in China, upon exiting that station served an almighty flashback! FamilyMart called my name, boozing a little had to be done like 2015 had served. Oh, those new skyscrapers no longer looked like building sites, time had moved us all!

Flying solo, Jia Ming needed to return home due to a family emergency. I headed to Suzhou's Hanshan Temple and Lingering Garden respectively, those landmarks did not find me in 2015, so I needed to change that! The temple allowed me to make a donation in the most modern way, I paid those Yuan coins over the phone from my mobile AliPay APP. The Lingering Garden gave me everything, it served a true representation what a Chinese garden promised to. Heading to a familiar sight with a few cans of beer in hand, I watched the passing people as they made their way down Pingjiang Road. That shenanigan filled weekend had been a god-send, those present day flashbacks and new discoveries felt correct and then some! Suzhou had me feeling centred, the following three years from that first arrival had witnessed a lot of change and adversity but I had stood strong and remained determined. From Guangdong to Jilin, with Jiangsu in mind, there's been a whole lot to write home about whilst life keeps things Beijing for now. Chill out! 

No More Shenanigans!

Desperately Seeking Adventure

Comments