It's Showtime... Hisarönü: Cocktails, Sunset Views & A Drag Show!

'An Evening With?' Was I even sure? No, I wasn't! Let me just say that Hisarönü wouldn't see me in those nightclubs, switching things up I still managed to have a cocky-tee or two! Regargless, if I wanted to have a 'Strawberry Shortcake' inspired mixed drink then I would do! Drag? Yes, we had our tickets booked to see 'Glamour' that evening, so that would include our tea. Get it right! 

Loca Luna had been on my radar, through the medium of Instagram, I saw that professional 'in the pink' cocktail bar/restaurant. Sheffield's Dianne 'KeeKee' Whatcock had bombed their gash up to Hisarönü with a visit to Loca Luna bossed! KeeKee had covered his experience at Loca Luna through his Instagram page, with my June/July 2022 visit to Türkiye happening, I needed a drink or two at that fancy looking nightspot! During KeeKee's visit, he had shown his followers how spotlessly clean Loca Luna presented itself! He wasn't on any influencing pursuit but rightly so with such an atmosphere and quality catering served, not sharing his location would have been a crime! I lived for those Instagram stories during KeeKee's trip to Turkey, with much reference to the food from Loca Luna that he put onto his stories and reels. 100%, a visit to Loca Luna would have to be scheduled into that super packed week in the sun! Maybe as I move into my 30's, the vibe to visit such places like Loca Luna looks like the perfect transition? Yes, Luna! 

Arriving a little bit later than planned, myself, Mum and Sister descended upon Loca Luna for our pre-show drinks. I ordered the 'Strawberry Shortcake' cocky-tee because regargless of the consequences I was going to enjoy that drink! Ordering two drinks together felt like the right thing to do, I wanted to get ahead of myself because it was my one and only night out in a lively area. Baby, those sweet tasting cocky-tee's tasted like a whole dessert with sprinkles decorated on the rim of that glass for decoration. Drinking two cake inspired drinks certainly tasted sweet, no complaints from me at all! Raising our cocky-tee's to the sky, it was only then our evening with Hisaörnü could begin! I was so happy have left the quietness of Çalış Beach, right it was a different type of holiday but it was nice to be sipping on those mixed drinks in the party town of Hisarönü. Yes, I honestly wished that we could have stayed longer at Loca Luna! Pre-show drinks done, we called for the cheque because we had a show to see! I wanted another drink, H! 

Dressed to impressed, we had scrubbed up ready for the show in Hisarönü because time wasn't going to wait for us to recover from that boozy boat trip! No! It had almost been one whole decade since my last Hisarönü visit, with the promise of a few cocktails and a Drag show I couldn't and wouldn't be able to pass that opportunity up! Stepping out of that minibus had me fronted with Hisarönü coming back to life, those dusk setting hadn't yet triggered those bright neon lights but I imagined the carnage that would prevail later on. Hisarönü being a party place had served me a raucous night out during my 2013 visit to the Çalış Beach area. Truthfully, I didn't want to repeat those drunken shenanigans during that 2022 moment! No, I wanted to embrace the 'Evening With' vibe. Taking those moments to soak in the main street had me thinking about those drunken moves, Luna Loca had been enough for the situation. Sometimes we need to curtail our antics? Yeah...? For this blog series, I really want to refine things a little.

As from that boozy mess of a night out, Hisarönü had been where I had my first tattoo done! If time permitted another spot of ink would have been on the cards without any doubts! Seeing those bars livening up didn't have me in my feelings, maybe a few years before I would've had issues staying away from another drink? Without a second thought! Real talk, I soaked in those sights with eyes wide open. I did think how on an earth a whole mosque offered prayers five time per day whilst those nighttime venues served up less than Halal dealings? That really had me thinking! I had no intentions, I didn't want to engage in any 'Haram' behaviour that even thought the idea did sound tempting! A snapshot nevertheless, Hisarönü saw me changing up those drinking habits! Setting up at our table at Glamour, we wouldn't be entertaining any 'After Hours' behaviour because our show would provide the entertainment. I look back and really feel that some nights don't have to end up with a 4 A.M. bedtime! Hisarönü, I meant what I said!  

Just like 'Mama Ru' said; 'Drag is all over the world', it was time for the show to begin! Choosing 'Glamour' in Hisarönü was a no-brainer because it had been voted 'No. 1' on TripAdvisor. We sat ready and waiting for 'Miss Bee Have', 'Miss Dixie Swallows', Miss Maxi Mantrapp' and 'Hasan' to wow us with their on-stage talent! The audience looked typically tourist and so were we, I had a good old time observing the other tables that were situated nearby. Without further ado, we were then treated to right royal show, fit for a queen you could say? Yes! The three queens performed solo numbers and then merged together to perform several group numbers. Miss Bee Have had the audience stunned when she broke out her 'Mark Massett' Primani Queen parody drag version, I knew of Mark Massett so the words were easy for me to singalong! We also enjoyed singing from Hasan, he had competed on the Turkish version of 'The Voice'. Of course, I had a few drinks during the show because I wanted to carry on from where we had left off. Go!

Need I be so careless not to mention our meal? Included in our ticket price, we had a Turkish style chicken dinner. Our included meal was served from a buffet style set-up and then brought over to our tables. The food was nice, it was justifiable when the ticket prices were brought into consideration. Even though we had had some complications regarding our pick up location, the event itself had started on-time for us all to appreciate. I loved the 'Annie' ensemble, the cast worked well together and it was nice to see Drag that wasn't RuPaul appropriate. Being in that local Drag experience in Hisarönü allowed me to switch off, it wasn't about the Race because other queens exist and need to perform for their coins still! Closing the show with 'This Is Me' from the 'Greatest Showman', it was refreshing to see the queens remove their make-up during that finale moment. We had enjoyed the whole evening, with the midnight hour nearing, we paid our bills and made our way to our transfer. Glamour, thanks for bringing something different! 

Hisarönü Representing! 

Desperately Seeking Adventure

Comments