Life's A Drag... Airport Drama, Italia's S3 & Benidorm!

Drag can be found in every facet of life, there's not a limitation as to what Drag could mean or be! From us 'Joe Public' embodying a certain 'Passenger Persona', no airport is safe from the  extraordinary! Italia and the United Kingdom returned for new seasons within the 'Drag Race' franchise, both were knock-out international journeys! Benidorm has already done had herses! 

There's one place that we all get crazy, thinking we are running out of time! I know that once that suitcase is packed and I have my passport in hand, well I Drag up into my own 'Passenger' self! After working with a certain British airline some years ago, people change into over-dramatic, frantic and hyper-sensitive beings! There's just something about an airport that has me acting different, I always feel like I am allowed to un-apologetically glide down those travelator walkways, it is like I am on a high fashion runway at London Fashion Week! We have a destination in mind but people act different, they put on their 'I am the only person who needs to make this flight' attitude and I am here for it all! We are all stressed, changing personalities traits and you know those airport superheroes have to match that level of 'Passenger' foolishness. Come on 'Cabin Crew Realness' because they're going to be reading such passengers for filth! Oh, they always clock those ones when they've got a hot coffee pot in hand! Bing, bong! 

I may have adopted my own persona during my airport check-in placement, 'Britney Bitch' or simply 'BB' shamelessly put many outbursts to bed with one word! If that delectable looking gentleman had a heavy bag, he didn't need to worry about any fees! Losing track of time was never a problem for me, because I could clock those carry-on bags a mile off! Being told that their bag wouldn't fit in the sizer, well it didn't and they lost their damn mind! Respectfully, now I have a greater respect for this profession being that I am a perpetual 'Passenger'. On some kind of airport high, I will never tire taking all of my electronic items out of my bag before I have even joined the queue for security. That first drink has me acting different because 'you know what', travelling post-Pandemic hits different and I need that liquid therapy! Present day, I always put effort into my travelling 'Passenger' garments because I have respect for myself and you know those Cabin Crew members clearly see enough messily presented 'Pax!' Yes, Drag is for us all! 

Back with a third season, 'Drag Race Italia' had certainly experienced a glow up since seasons one and two! Returning with 'Paramount +' and two brand new judges, replacing 'Tomasso Zorzi!. Both 'Paola Lezzi' and 'Paolo Camilli' gave the judging panel a new dynamic for sure. Thirteen new Italian queens bounded into 'Werk Room' with much gusto, one of them in fact hailed from 'Albania!' It had took me a while before I sat down and binged this third season, I was fully aware that 'Drag Race' has continued to release new incarnations of the show at breakneck speed! The talent show brought the franchises first Cuban and Brazilian born queens, adding more than just season two's 'Obama!' I lived for the 'Grease' acting challenge, it was evident that the writing had improved. 'Night of a Thousand Paola and Chiaras' gave me a good laugh with an utterly camp 'Rusical' to boot! The 'Drag Masterclass' highlighted tensions between the queens, a certain contestant let down her guard! Oh, Italia's 3rd season gave a lot! 

Italia 3's 'Snatch Game' gave me a good laugh because it was absolutely berserk! 'La Sheeva' reminded me of a certain 'Netflix' documentary with her impersonation of 'Wanna Marchi!' 'Sissy Lea' played a convincing 'Patrizia Reggiani' referencing the star from film adaptation, 'House of Gucci'. Switching things up, I had time for the dance challenge because it focused on the queens dancing different styles as a pair with a male dancer. 'Melissa Bianchini' smashed that dance challenge like a pro! The 'Roast of Chiara Francini' played on the joke it was her funeral, those queens tried their best to be funny and frankly it was amusing even through subtitles. Ending up with a final four was not a surprise, although the semi-final 'Lip Sync' saw 'Sypario' get into hot water with 'Priscilla' over her blocking of 'Lina Galore!' At the end of the day, that's 'Drag Race' for you! With 'Lina Galore' taking the title from 'La Diamond' as 'Italia's Next Drag Superstar', I can't wait for season 4 to happen! I'd love to see 'Italia VS The World!' 

Since the 1960's, Benidorm has been a British holiday favourite for those who like an overseas holiday but aren't prepared to experience a new culture or cuisine! That Spanish town on the Costa Blanca impressed me in January 2022 as a 'Brits Abroad' paradise, embodying her own string of British friendly eateries and enough mobility scooters to transport an army of geriatrics. Shameless, these Benidorm tourists have shaped this town big time, serving up an almighty delicious 'Full English Breakfast' my 'Solana Hotel' did every morning! Even the coach from the airport gave me all of that 'I've paid for this holiday, so I'm going to be drunk on this coach!' Those one of a kind British holidaymakers are made for Benidorm with its own 'Indoor Market' with a certain homely pastry selling situation, I definitely enjoyed that cup of tea and sausage roll! Much like the ITV series 'Benidorm', I was about to see how the 'Bargain Loving Brits' behave after the sunsets on the Levante Beach. 'Old Town' Drag shows? Oh, 'Rincón!' Yes!

Venues that cater to the ever fussy 'Brit Abroad' host a recurring line-up of musical impersonators, performing a version of a well-known singer from many a genre and style! This is 'Drag!' I remember going to the 'Morgan Tavern' to see their very own 'Shania Twain' impersonator! Well, it was camp that's all I can say! I remember seeing the 'Bob Marley' impersonator and to be honest he was very convincing indeed! Taking things down a different path entirely, 'Sticky Vicky' put on a show so 'out of the' well you know the rest! Pulling various articles from her 'you already know' had my eyes witnessing something for the very first time! Was this really Drag? Absolutely, the lady who played those 'seeing is believing' tricks removed all of those items at the end of number and changed into her everyday clothes. Benidorm, as a holiday resort embodies everything that any true 'Drag Performer' does from any walk of life! Much loved and appreciated, this Spanish town served us a good old show! Benidorm has it all!

Quite literally, my capacity to start watching a new Drag Race season has been so bad! After bossing 'Drag Race Italia, S3', I knew that it was time for me to smash the latest installment of 'Drag Race UK' before I jetted off to the Philippines. I want to first express how much all of the queens impressed me and made me laugh throughout their run on this fifth UK series but the lack of diversity saddened me. With only two 'POC' queens and neither of whom were 'South Asian', it was one of the reasons I had hesitated from starting the series after its first release in September 2023. It was such a tonic to laugh at the British humour once again from the UK S5 queens whilst they were in the Werk Room and the judges on the Main Stage, there's nothing like humour from home! Truly, from the start I was intrigued to see how 'Vicki Vivacious' would come across because we know a certain 'Baga Chipz' would be watching even if she said she hadn't been! I had a sneaking suspicion that 'Cara Melle' would be part of the cast, she was so!  

The motivational workshop with the 'Angels of the North' made sense because coats are only for shoplifting! It was clear to see who would be Ru's North East finalists would be, 'Tomara Thomas' proved to be a fierce contender for her age! Banksie's walkout was settled very quickly, this showed us that this Manchester queen had the right attitude. Poland's 'Alexis St. Pete' sashayed away first but I know that we haven't seen the last of that Drag pocket rocket! It was a solid season, I have no complaints other than the 'racial make-up of the cast' or lack there of. The runways were on-point and even Michelle Visage showed a softer side to her judging and character on the judging panel. The 'Gladiators Comedy Roast' was like no other, both 'Michael Marouli' and 'Ginger Johnson' were my ultimate winners! Oh, I really loved 'Kate Butch' and 'Ginger Johnson' in their adaption of 'Holedark', it was hilarious! The production for the finale definitely was a step up, it was great to see filming at 'Pinewood Studios!' Diversity for Series 6! 

Bring It On! 

Desperately Seeking Adventure

Comments