Life's A Drag... Katie Price, All Stars 11 & Mariachi Looks!
The mother of all models, 'Katie Price' will always be the 'Page 3' icon come businesswoman! Ru brought back the eleventh season of 'All Stars' with a season of bricks, it was hard competition! 'Life's A Drag' isn't about to end because I turned a 'Mariachi' look during my former teaching post. 'Canada's Drag Race' got her 'All Stars' incarnation but with only six episodes? That's rude!
No stranger to the camera nor from the press, Katie Price has been the chameleon that we never knew we needed! Embodying the essence of a Drag Queen, this model turned businesswoman has swam against the tide through the years with her head held up high! Since her Page 3 days, Jordan morphed into Katie Price soon after she exited the 'I'm A Celebrity Jungle' after her first series. Was it just 'Jungle Fever' or 'Pure Insania?' Along with her brand empire that she had built before the 'Jungle', Katie Price became the larger than life 'family-friendly' brand that saw Katie call her own 'Price!' Turning up to her book signings dressed in more rhinestones than one of RuPaul's own legendary queens had ever worn! Katie's even made dressing up as a 'frog' look sexy! Yes, she did! With her confidence and tenacity, people keep underestimating the power of the 'Pricey!' Her then documentary series followed her marriage with former 'Jungle companion' and now ex-husband, Peter Andre. Her 'OK!' deal served us the Cinderella fantasy for the gods!
'Not Just Anybody', KP brought her 'Making Your Mind Up' Eurovision live audition! Her opening montage music had to be 'Cover Girl' by 'RuPaul' because Katie believed in her performance. Katie Price didn't make it to the final show for the Eurovision but that wasn't the last that we saw her sing or 'lip-sync for her life?' As a biological woman, Katie Price is basically a drag queen like she's owned many times during her career, her boundary pushing style makes her fanbase love her even more! Katie Price returned with her single 'Free To Love Again' adorned in a fierce outfit, fabulous high-kicking dancers and a catchy shameless lip-sync! Where was her spot on 'Drag Race UK?' Her ownership is what we love about her, she said "I'll lip-sync". KP's G-A-Y performance of her single 'I Got You', that costume served Rio Carnival! Bimini was KP on the Snatch Game in 2021, "The nipples are the eyes of the face?" Oh, Katie was a Guest Judge on 'UK vs The World, Season 1' during the Snatch Game in 2022! Yes, Katie!
'RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars 11' came back with vengeance, the most recent 'All Stars' season was stacked with 18 stellar queens! Easing into the season with 'Break Dancin' 2: Electric Rugaloo' reintroduced queens from S2 such as 'Mystique Summers' and 'Morgan McMichaels!' Three brackets would entertain us and further bring queens like 'Vivacious' and 'Shuga Cain' back onto our screens! Live from the 69th Shablammy Awards turned our duets on the Mainstage, you know 'Silky Nutmeg Ganache' brought the big milk! Those self-help videos were hilarious but 'Silky' made me laugh the most! After not recovering from a traumatic accident, 'Morphine Love Dion' did her best to bring a whole new woman to the race! Puerto Rico was in the house! I lived for 'April Carrión' and her heritage and cultural moments on the runway, plantain queen for the win! The All Star Rappin' Roast broke down beats, giving 'Joey Jay' her flowers because she's a Gay ass bitch! 'Crystal Methyd' gave us a lot of kookiness! Oh, a carrot!
Returning to the competition almost as much as 'Alexis Mateo', Drag powerhouse 'Kennedy Davenport' stormed the race for another season but didn't take the crown home! Licensing issues meant credits from 'Canada's Drag Race: Canada vs The World' did 'Silky Nutmg Ganache' dirty because 'All Stars 11' was her fourth time on the race! 'Crstyal Methyd' stormed the competition from the very moment she entered the Werk Room since her Pandemic season 12 moment on the show! Dodging the alliances, Methyd stayed away from the other Latina queens to be her own champion! Her trajectory in the competition was strong and RuPaul absolutely lived for her bonkers sense of humour and unique Drag application. I loved her 'Talent Show' burlesque routine but she made it snowman with a huge carrot reveal at the end! Cyrstal went full on kooky during the 'Gay Dads Makeover Challenge', the outfits she and her makeover companion donned were completely one of a kind! Crystal proudly took the crown!

During my final year at my previous teaching organisation, Ningbo saw a 'Mariachi' look like no other! Drag doesn't just emulate a female presentation because there's always room for a King or two! That former teaching organisation wanted to turn Halloween into a 'Coco' inspired 'Día de los Muertos' event. I jumped at the chance to don a camp looking costume with a sombrero hat to boot! I snatched a small guitar because I was going to be lip-syncing to 'Remember Me' from the mentioned Walt Disney production. Had I prepared those lyrics in my head? No, I absolutely hadn't but I made the performance work because that is what I do! In my defence, I didn't know the song and I really had tried to practice it but something wasn't sticking. I was extremely lucky to have found the yellow jacket set on an online shopping platform, the red cravat was campy and set the outfit perfectly! Not needing any make-up for this look was a blessing in disguise, I fashioned some designer stubble with a goatie for the event! Sure, I moisturised! ¡Sí, estoy listo!
I will always be thankful to the events co-ordinator in a way because I was given free-reign with my concepts. My 'Coco' inspired look was finessed because I didn't need to make myself look scary with 'Day of the Dead' face paint. I really enjoyed this 'male presenting' look, it was something very different compared to the Little Mermaid or Shanghai lady. Of course, Mexico is on my radar and to see a Mariachi band play would be amazing! I always love to bring Drag from different cultures into my life, I know that I will get to capture those Mexican memories in real-time when the time comes. Was this my last Drag incarnation at my former teaching organisation? No, it wasn't because I had one final look to put together for the final STEM Show. I knew that a full face of make-up would be required, variety is the spice of life and all Drag is valid! I knew as my time at this mentioned Ningbo based school came to an end, I felt fulfilled after doing my Mariachi inspired look. Never make me lip-sync to 'Remember Me' ever again, B!
Oh, Canada! With six original seasons and two international 'vs The World' seasons in the can, it was time for 'Canada's Drag Race' to get their own 'All Stars' moment! Getting it together, I was back on track with my Drag Race viewing as this new season premiered during early July in 2026. Nine queens walked into an 'All Stars' Werk Room but one queen had represented herself on 'RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 12' but 'Jackie Cox' hailed from Halifax, Nova Scotia in Canada. 'Pythia' came back for her third attempt after Canada's Season 2 and Global All Stars! 'Jada Shada Hudson' was the Season 3 representative, the only girl from that season! 'Nearah Nuff' and 'Aurora Matrix' came from Season 4 but what about the premier season? 'Juice Boxx' returned to reclaim her 'Porkchop' title! 'Makayla Couture' and 'Tiffany Ann Co.' did their best for Season 5s honour! Fresh off the most recent season broadcasted before 'All Stars' was 'Sami Landri', representing Season 6 with her Acadian charm! Renew this season and cast more girls!
Auntie 'Brooke' was back in the house but the usual rotating judges were not present! Sitting next to 'Brooklyn Hytes' were former 'Canada's Drag Race' competitors, 'Priyanka' and 'Jimbo'. Both of these panelist had won at least one season of the race, Pri won the first season of Canada and Jimbo triumphed during her third appearance on the race as the first international winner of 'RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars 8!' Challenges on this season were very in-tune with the original Canadian season, I especially loved seeing 'The C.U.N.T Test' return for 'All Stars!' In the end, the right winner took the title as Canada's first 'All Stars' winner, 'Aurora Matrix' had returned with an elevated look, determination and confidence to boot! I really hope that this 'All Stars' branch get a renewal for Season 2! Canada deserved more, I am glad to see 'vs The World' banished after two seasons. I want to see 'BOA' and 'Miss Moço' cast for S2! Il nous faut un gagnant canadien-français pour la prochaine fois! That's enough Drag Race for now! Au revoir!
Remember Me? Always!
Desperately Seeking Adventure





Comments
Post a Comment