Serving It Up... Our Boat Trip Odyssey: Çalış, Türkiye!

Another boat trip? Yes, it had been nine years since my last 'Boat Trip' onboard a Çalış style vessel. In the spirit of the holiday we had some things to do during that boat trip but first and foremost it was a day of celebration and togetherness! With a drink in hand throughout the day, those sunshine East Med Sea settings had us sailing in the right direction! A booze cruise? Oh!

Two days into our week long holiday in the Çalış Beach area, it was time for our all important 'Ali Kavak' day sailing along the perfect blue waters of the Eastern Med Sea. Aegean Sea, don't try and come for this gig because those Turkish waters served 'Crystal Clear' Realness! Meeting earlier that morning, we toasted to the day with the whole clan abroad that pint-sized vessel as it sat between the line of Çalış boats. Those lemon shots tasted sour as hell, realigning our senses those shots would set the tone for the day ahead! Lord, come through and help us! Before we set sail for the ocean blue, it was time for my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew to vacate the boat because they were going to define the day in their own way. We would see them all soon enough, wishing each other well, the kids had loved their brief encounter with that 'big' boat! Blessed with the purest sunshine, no clouds would try and dim our shine, turning the engines on we set sail on our 'Boat Trip Odyssey!' With cash money for the first time, I was so very ready! 

Holiday mode had been switched on, the mountain views had me drunk on that view, nobody could tell me any different! That 'Azul Blue' water had me transfixed, feeling blessed and then some, I felt in that moment that I was going to appreciate that boat trip! The landscape had me tripping in the best way, with kindred spirits and family in tow, the vast clear skies above us held that sublime weather over our path. I had been on countless boat trips before that 2022 sailing but something hit different, nursing my first beer because you know I had those prices calculated because I am like that. Acclimated and feeling fantastic, the wind and water cradled our boat, our path was destined for the day without any worries required. Dropping anchor at our first bay, that was some 'James Bond' looking location, no 'Bond Girl Energy' was applied because the category was 'Dive Bomb Movements!' Suitably salted, I loved that effortless swim in the ocean blue, in that moment nothing else mattered! Another beer or three? Down in one! 

The mood on the boat was a whole living mood because we were about to host the best boat party on the East Med Sea, very that! Our boat literally became the 'party boat' and we were already getting looks from other boats, those bored fellow boat-trippers were jealous of our boogie! Good vibes were in an abundance and we were not going to apologise for our happiness that day, not to anybody! Period! We all had earned our day aboard that boat, for us to enjoy the bar and music to the maximum regardless of the consequences. Lunchtime approached, the drinks kept on flowing and frankly I resided to the fact that my bar bill would be paid for in full without any worries. Picking up the pace, we headed forth to another picturesque bay, those unstoppably gorgeous views continued to follow our every move! Lunch was served as the early afternoon period made an appearance, we were truly spoiled for choice! I loved the aubergine fritters and the rice was definitely giving me life because it tasted amazing! More food, please?

Hands down, that boat trip was the best one that I had ever been on, I saw through my absence from Türkiye being a blessing. I appreciated every single moment of that summer day on the water, it was just the best day spent at sea and I'm not really a fan of boats if I am completely honest. During previous years the boat trips became a compulsory part of the holiday along with the 'Jeep Safari' and 'Tuesday Market', I knew that I had to soak up every last moment because that holiday hadn't been part of my plan. Soon after making our way over the waters away from the mainland, we arrived at another bay to drop the anchor at. Yet more stunned people turned a side-eyed glance at our boat because clearly our company looked a lot more exciting than their sleepy selves looked! With each phase of the day melting into one, it was a relief to take a moment to cool off in the waters because we had the best looking waters all around us! As the sun continued to beat down, we didn't feel the heat because the water was perfection! Truly, so! 

The crosses on my bar bill were racking up, usually on previous days on the boat in Türkiye I was either underage or without spending money. With the air of celebration all around us, I took pride with crossing each drink onto my bar bill because I could! We were all soaking up the day with the same merriment because the day wasn't going to be a sad one, of course there were things that we had planned but for that we were in an amazing location with love radiating from every single avenue. Those unstoppable views just kept serving more and more as the day progressed, everything seemed like it was in HD quality, I had missed those waters and the landscape more than I had ever thought that I would have! Our lunch had been great, the views were on par and for that the music played on, keeping the tone of the day forever balanced. You know when your sibling needs you when they order a bottle of wine, I had to have my sisters back by ordering my own bottle of wine because we couldn't not be both 'wine drunk!' No way! 

Rabbit Island became our penultimate stop before we had a few things to take care of. Rabbit Island looked amazing from the distance as our boat sailed towards yet another bay. The last two and a half years had not been for nothing, the immense privilege to be fronted such an idyllic setting, never again will I take another foreign or domestic trip for granted! Rabbit Island served all the right views, it was time for us to depart for our final stop before heading back to Çalış. As the waves lapped up against the boat, it was only natural that the intended ritual was carried out, a meeting with the waters allowed us to see a new beginning had started. Reunited with a fellow departed spirit, the mood on the boat flowed along with the natural movements of the water. A word or two was said but with an joyful outlook, we had done what we had set out to do. Of course, a huge chocolate cake had been placed upon the table for us all to have a slice. With that odyssey completed it was time to head back to base, we were feeling suitably merry, indeed so! 

Into The Blue...

Desperately Seeking Adventure

Comments