Secret Safe With Me: London, England!

Covent Garden, no voy a llorar por ti! Excuse me? What's going on!? I would like to know! Fresh from my Thames Path walking discovery, the bus brought me back from the brink! Well, the riverside! Getting over myself, I ought to kid myself! A pub from the past was about confront me! Heck, I had planned that reunion! A childhood memory fronted me as an adult! For real, L?

Like no time had passed, the same centre performer had their circular crowd around them with the world watching! Another performer, another crowd both built the true dynamic of Covent Garden. London's premier market square without question, from childhood to each snatched visit there's always time for a Covent Garden return! After the mess we have been living through, seeing the crowds fully surrounding the Piazza had me feeling optimistic for life transiting out of the 'Pandemic!' No lie, we need some joy back in our lives and if that street performer helps bring back some merriment, then I'm here for it all! Srta Corona, it's not all about 'USTED!' With the weather playing ball, it was an absolute treat being back in that environment, having seen that sombre Christmas tree during 2020, the 2022 joy was a treat to witness! A walk through the market? Well, that sounded perfect to me, frankly! Feeling like that seven year old child, Covent Garden takes me back! London, tell me now! Why did we have to leave it so long? 

After seeing the madness at Trafalgar Square, the compact energy of that London landmark didn't impress me that much. Why am I feeling the need to mention that nugget of truth? Allow me to add some context, I appreciated the lively nature of Covent Garden more than that main-stage square because of the culture! Yes, the culture made up for something, well a lot! In this 31st year, there was no way my ass was going to spend time at the London Transport Museum because I didn't have the luxury of time! Although, that did have me thinking if that once free to visit museum was still in-fact 'complimentary' to visit? Go on, tell me the answer to that burning question! Taking a seat at a piazza facing coffee stop, that's where I could see the 'Transport Museum' looking back at me. No service was rendered at that coffee stop because my patronage obviously wasn't warranted. How very rude! Yes! I'm about to take things further back, but before that 'ballerina' connection is made, well I want to promise Covent Garden that I'll return! 

Next to the Royal Opera House stands a statue of a 'Ballerina' at 5 Broad Court, London. To me and my younger Brother, that statue meant more to us during our earlier years, he'll contest that but that's life! As iconic as the 'Royal Opera House' fares to be, that spot was where me and my Brother would run down to unattended during those 'frequent' visits to the 'Sun Tavern'. We knew nothing else, it was and will always be a memory for me to think back on how to not look after children! Our biological Father definitely wasn't cut out to be worthy parent, explaining why were allowed to run awol down to that gorgeous statue of the 'Ballerina'. In that 2022 moment, well it felt like I had just been running around that London siding. How time moves on, the thought remains why any self-respecting responsible parent allows their two kids to run away from them willing to play during the dusk hours in Central London? How were we not abducted? He was lucky that we remained unharmed, he should be so lucky! Enough, old news! 

The day had been full packed, from the Thames Path to Trafalgar Square, things had been nonstop! I had looked at visiting that Ballerina after passing through Covent Garden for a hot minute, well for a seriously long time because I wanted to get that nostalgic route just right! For me it wasn't like a first-time tourist, it was like going back to a place, London will forever more be treasured no matter how many people want to trash it! Each visit allows me to confront a story from my past, from my childhood and that is therapy in the form of a great day out! Talk about a walking memory, those return visits always have me remembering more than the morning after the night before! Fight me! In need of a real drink, that familiar public house would reveal itself in a timely fashion. I couldn't stress how great it was to see London back to life, getting those restrictions gone has allowed us to get back to life like never before! Ey, Boris! We don't want any-kind of Summer return to restrictions, you don't want mutiny? I don't think! 

Oh, that pub? Yes, that pub! Baby, those childhood London visits flooded right back into that 2022 moment! The Sun Tavern stood before me like it had before, me and my younger Brother had spent many afternoons and evenings at this West End, London pub! Make no mistake, I don't want to trash the venue nor the company but remembering a trip for being in the pub all the time amongst strange adults. That is the university of life, for that those questionable people really taught me about life's many twists and turns! When to know if a person is high on drugs? I learnt that whilst standing in the alley outside the side entrance to the 'Sun Tavern' many years ago. During that childhood moment I wasn't able to determine what drug my biological Fathers friend was tripping off, all I can remember was that he couldn't keep still! An Amphetamine? Maybe that was the kind of drug? I haven't, don't and will never mess with the drugs that he was most likely on! Never! Saying that, as a kid, I think it can be educational to see what not to do! 

All of that I had remembered before even stepping foot back into the Sun Tavern, she had some memories to serve and then some! Trust and believe! Yes, on both sides of my family, the pub game has been prevalent but would you really let your kids sit in a boozer with a glass of coke and a packet of crisps? I remember sitting in the Sun Tavern during many days of 'drinking', hey I was a child so mine was a coke! We even went for a meal in Chinatown with one of the bar maids, are we even allowed to use that job description these days? Probably not! Yes and our day spent beside the sea in Southend was with another one of the 'Sun Tavern's staff members, what was our biological Father thinking? Making memories with the workforce of the Sun Tavern during the early 00s? Yes, it seemed that way! A pint of the 'Brixton Brewery', please? From the inside the pub looked very different, it felt so weird to sit there with my well earned beer! I could never be mad, I am glad for those memories, it was real life! Amphetamines aren't the mood, B! 

London... I See You! 

Desperately Seeking Adventure 

Comments