After Hours: Thailand: Central, Pattaya!

It was time to get downright scandalous, I had been demure the previous night, delaying any signs of a hangover. I had heard much about Pattaya's raucous 'Walking Street' but I wanted to check-out 'Boyz Town!' I knew that I needed to keep my wits about me, but what is life without a bit of debauchery? I knew the tone that I was looking to find, my options were open. Trust me!  

Jomtien Beach had sorted me out with a hearty bowl of Tom Yum soup, my stomach was lined and I was ready for the night ahead of me! The weather was grim, the rain wouldn't dare stop me from living my best life that night, trust and believe! Andy was also in Central and whether we would meet up that night hung in the balance, let's just say it wasn't personal, it was down to taste. Pattaya like the majority of Thailand's party hotspots caters for us all, I respectfully knew which part of Central I would be heading to. Breakfast the following morning would be our point of communication, a debrief of sorts? Yes! The taxi from Jomtien Beach over to Central took an age, the rain poured but those city streets were changing, I could tell I was no longer in Jomtien! I had taken a ride over to the wild side, it was going to be nasty good! I kept sober for the earliest part of the night, those shadier streets had me checking my maps thrice. The oldest profession in the world? Entrepreneurial endeavours were taking place on the promenade. Hustle, hustle! Go! 

I was looking for Boyz Town but in the meantime I soaked in every single view, it was a sight to see! I had only really let myself go in Bangkok's Silom, that Pattaya night-out showed me a grittier side to a Thai night-out. The reflection from the rain set the scene, the lights were bright and the air had a pungent aroma. I sensed a large South Asian contingent frequented that Central area because of the signs for certain leisure establishments and food places. I found the location, I chose a bar and surveyed the territory. Massage? Now, I wasn't looking a massage but I was confidently told that they could offer me everything! "Don't tempt me with a good time!" Now, that's what I said! In my delusional era, I chose to start my Boyz Town experience with a Smirnoff Ice because I was feeling trashy! Setting the mood, I minded my business and allowed the talent to gravitate towards me. I didn't need to graft, I had a thirty year advantage on the rest of the tourists, I served looks and that was that! Developments a few, I wasn't going to beg! No! 

Let me just say, there's something extra with certain Thai gentlemen folk! Needless to say, I wasn't surprised by a certain declaration. I had an option, I wasn't stupid but I knew more of the night lay ahead of me. I wanted to let the first option stew, I was feeling dangerous and I knew that it was my time. I hopped across the road to watch a curious yet wholesome entertainment show. Of course, certain practices within Thailand are illegal but there's always a healthy serving of 'grey business' going on! The venue that I walked into had an admission, I paid and I found a seat with a handsome view of the stage, it was my observation deck and you can't tell me nothing! Photography was banned but I was feeling dangerous, knowing this was my final trip to Thailand, I wanted to grab those opportunities that I had been too timid to snatch earlier in the year! It was resembling 'Take Me Out' but Paddy McGuinness was nowhere to be seen! How curious! Twenty or so delectable specimens assembled on the stage, was this a human auction? 

Reading between the lines, gentlemen folk were able to select their fellow man for whatever 'leisure' purpose they desired. It was cut throat because they only had two times to get selected, some were invited for drinks with excitable Chinese patrons. I knew those guys were Chinese because I was listening to their conversation, I couldn't imagine the glee they were feeling to have those relaxed and not-so-off limits conversations! Thailand really is for everybody! The show commenced and for legal reasons, I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the contents of the acts? Let me just proclaim, it was a spectacle to say the very least, I certainly saw more than I bargained for and I wasn't going to complain. Entertainment is entertainment, it was very outrageous but I wasn't there to pass judgment! An eye full? There I said it, it was a generous performances with many talents and tricks unleashed. It was definitely a value for money show! There was a reason the door was firmly closed! I had something to attend to, I did! Let's do this! 

Playing hard to get? I had a series of messages after leaving that second venue, but had I made a connection? Yes! Was I looking for a takeaway? Crude of me to say, I know but I wasn't hungry! I was contemplating saving a something extra for later on, who said it had to be food? Absolutely nobody! I reunited with that friendly face, the bar wasn't busy that night and that left time to talk. I was there to enjoy the night and that I had already committed to! I had a few more drinks and decided that I wanted to conclude my night with a show or two back at the first venue I had frequented in Boyz Town. The 'Taylor Swift' tribute act was actually very good, I was impressed! I had been saving a sit down view of the ladyboy performers as I had stepped back the previous evening. A gentleman never divulges his plan, all I need to serve up is that the night was going to be well rounded. I was on holiday and deserved a slice of something delicious! Plans were made but after one more drink? Yes! I'm more mature these days, playing it cool, I wanted more! OK?

The night ended perfectly, I don't need to tell you anything because that is my business! I made a connection, it was my right to have made and I had no regrets. I had an amazing night-out in Central Pattaya with Boyz Town showing me more than one surprise. This 'After Hours' experience was needed, it was timely and meant to be, I deserved something to remember. Thai hospitality? Of course, I have mentioned a few hints along the way but why tell you the whole story? I don't need to! As night turned into sunrise, I knew that Pattaya had impressed me much! Back to Jomtien Beach, I made it in one piece with my sanity intact, I had turned over a new leaf. Let me just say, a debrief with Andy would be had the following day because the night had produced a 'healthy' eventuality! Pattaya had been a pure playground for me that night, I had no qualms with what transpired. Bangkok would show me a different energy in a few days, I would be humbled by Pattaya in the most satisfying way. Benidorm could never! "I'm not mad!"

On A Night Like This... 

Desperately Seeking Adventure 

Comments