Beside The Sea... Dongtan Beach, Thailand!
The hangover tried to derail my day but I had purposely planned nothing for that final day in Pattaya, Thailand. Myself and Andy met up for a brief breakfast at 'Bentley's' and I got to have a mooch around his apartment complex! A beach day along the rainbow section was in order before an early night. The day was leisurely and sweet, a delectable Thai surprise did find me, P!
Central had been scandalous and had left me feeling broken, I pieced my life together but a 'Full English Breakfast' with a pint of cider was much needed! Reporting to Andy's Jomtien Beach based apartment complex reunited us for the first time in a long time, life had taken over! I was itching to see his investment rental property, this visit had been influenced to visit his property because I was intrigued. His investment apartment had a shared 25 metre pool with a secluded feeling. Boasting a close connection with both Dongtan and Jomtien Beaches, the choice really had his renters spoiled for choice, Andy had an agency who managed the property for him. I wanted to buy my own property, I actually still do! Built for a single or double occupancy, I was able to see Andy's studio apartment had everything needed for a simple holiday rental opportunity. It gave me food for thought but all I wanted was some breakfast, I was dead hungry! We bounced into another Grab car towards the beach, Andy had a place in mind! Gosh!
Bentley's was a blessing in many ways, it was British run and lay just a short walk away from the beach! Myself and Andy loaded up on a 'Churchill's' bumper Full English for the win, it was necessary considering my state! I did go for a cup of tea but being completely serious, but that ice cold pint of cider hit the spot! We hadn't had a Suzhou reunion for a long time, it was great to finally meet in Pattaya because we had made a promise in Bangkok earlier in the year. Our meeting was brief but we spoke about how life was treating us both, change was on my horizon and a potential love scenario was for him. Our breakfast meeting cemented our meeting, we bid each other a great rest of our National Day holiday and carried on with our day. Bentley's definitely served 'Benidorm-on-sea' but in Pattaya, Thailand! Keeping it together, I realised that Andy and I have a habit of ordering 'Full English's' when hungover, why does another drink have to be involved? 'Brits Abroad' aren't we all? That is just what we are, Pattaya sure knew this ish!
'Dongtan Beach' was calling my name! I didn't know which part of the beach I wanted to settle down at! I clocked a rainbow flag, it wasn't a clothing optional kind of rainbow beach but I would've gone! Yes, Dongtan Beach sat next to Jomtien Beach, the main beach nearer to my hotel was being dredged, leaving it out of bounds for sunbathing. I had walked past Dongtan Beach almost the other night because it lay near to Jomtien Complex! Back to the beach, I found a sun lounger within the rainbow part of the beach because a colourful told me where I was! I was feeling very delicate, lazing by the ocean blue would cure me! I ordered another beer to get me through the afternoon but it was the only one I had because Pattaya and done the worse to me the previous night. I relaxed to the max and to be honest I am not usually a beach person because I hate sand! When in Rome they say? Whilst in Thailand, a beach day is necessary! Relaxing to the max, the blue skies and ocean blue looked just right, it was a whole mood. Bliss!
The beach was actually really quiet, missing the weekend crowds was a mood! The view was mine, I finally felt that I was relaxing because whilst on holiday I really have a problem with taking it easy. A massage on the beach? Yes, I had negotiated a good deal! That massage was on the beach, I didn't even have to move from my lounger. Let me just say, the guy had magic hands! A seller tempted me with a cheeky purchase, when outside of China's Mainland I always try and treat myself! I kept that purchase safe for later on, I knew the universe had another sweet surprise left in store for me! The afternoon was gorgeous, I was getting pretty hot but a fruit seller tempted me with some cooling fruit to munch on! Dongtan Beach's sellers were grafting hard! The heat of the day was getting to me, I paid for my beer and sun lounger and headed slowly towards my hotel. That lazy day on the beach was half the medicine I needed! I wanted to feel the cool air and that famous greeting, "Hello/Welcome!" Oh, a slice of '7-Eleven?'
The beach had served its purpose, I felt frazzled! Heading towards the nearest 7-Eleven had to be done! I was soothed by the arctic air conditioning, I didn't want to feel the heat again! I chose a fancy ice cream, it was what I deserved. Did I feel any better after my breakfast and beach sesh? No, I had enjoyed the morning and afternoon but I still wasn't well at all! I took my ice cream back out into the heat, there I decided to call the whole thing off and get into bed at the hotel! I had a gorgeous afternoon resting back at the hotel but as early evening arrived I needed to get something to eat. I toyed with the idea of getting some borscht but you know bad things are happening in the world, I didn't want to support a related business. I went for a cheese toastie and some other bits from a convenience store down the way from my hotel. I was not moving for the rest of the night, I did make sure my case had been repacked before I headed to Sriracha. Was I looking for something sweet to end my Pattaya stay? No, not another ice cream!
I scrolled on a certain app, something told me that Pattaya just wanted me to have the best in life! That wasn't a question, it was a cold hard fact! I had my beach purchase at the ready, I knew exactly what I was going to do! Let me just say, the evening ended perfectly with the intended event leaving me feeling a lot better indeed. The meeting was brief but when I think about it, its better when you cut to the chase! The guy was charming and had just arrived from Bangkok, looking like the Isan competitor from Love Island, I knew life was finally being good to me! It was all divine timing, it cemented the reason why I had trusted Pattaya and Jomtien Beach to be my base. Falling into a sound sleep, my three days in Pattaya had been eventful but well worth every second of life lived along that sunshine Thai oceanside setting! Benidorm in South East Asia was served with Thai hospitality as the main feature, I knew what I wanted! Leaving the following day would be positive, I had another brand new destination to discover! ลาก่อน! Bye!
Pattaya Did The Most!
Desperately Seeking Adventure


Comments
Post a Comment